Followers

Sunday 18 November 2012

So small, yet so big..

'Who am I that you are mindful of me???'

Walking through the shops today, it saddened me to see no-one smiling, in fact there was hardly any eye contact throughout the entire centre. It made me think about how easy it is to be stuck in my own world.
In my world, I feel lonely but I'm not. I feel unloved but I am not. I feel insignificant but I am not. I don't know who I am. In my world I am nobody really.
But for the saving grace of my Lord Jesus Christ - In my world I would have been lost in this world.

Someone shared the truth with me.. a truth that enabled me to walk through the veil that threatened to separate me away from my creator - almost like the movie the 'Matrix'.
But I was called, out of the darkness, by name because He loved me! How amazing is that!

Who are we that we think we are so important? Our circumstances are massive in our eyes, but hold no value to others.... here are but a few reminders -
..................................................................................................................................................................
Isaiah 51:12 "I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mere mortals, human beings who are but grass, that you forget the Lord your Maker, who stretches out the heavens and who lays the foundations of the earth...'

Ro 9:20 "But who are you , a human being, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?". Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

Job 7:17 (in his depression) asks God why he won't leave him alone, saying, "What is mankind the you make so much of them, that you give them so much attention, that you examine them every morning and test them every moment?

Psalm 8:4 'what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?"
...................................................................................................................................................................
So who are we that the God of the universe is mindful of us...we are the works of His hands! He calls us His children and claims us as His very own..
I am happy to be under His wing.. for in Him I will find myself, the person I was created to be.
Praise be to Him, I will sing of His praises for ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouragement......