Followers

Saturday 17 November 2012

A little about me...


I have been blessed beyond what I ever thought was possible, with a husband who treats me like a princess, 6 children who give me reason to get up in the morning and a circle of brothers and sisters who make my life full of loveliness.

My life's journey took me to Cornerstone Christian Community in Canowindra in 91 and Emerald Qld in 92. I have lived with more people than I can count and have moved far too many times to remember.
I was saved at 18 and have not looked back. Being a Christian makes my life complete - walking with Jesus daily may be a challenge but it is my hearts desire, I simply don't know why people find it hard to accept the historical fact that Jesus Christ died on a cross for us because of his great love. It baffles me why people will believe in spiritual things and historical things, but when confronted with the truth and the need to confess their sins to be saved, they criticise and run the other way.

The best thing that ever happened to me was meeting a Christian! I found out there was a different way to live, one full of love and forgiveness if I was willing to humble myself & swallow my pride. Since then, the journey has been amazing.. and I wouldn't want life without Him.


What I love:

  • my life
  • my Lord
  • my husband of 20 years
  • my 6 amazingly gifted children
  • to walk in a garden and enjoy the Lord's beauty
  • chocolate!
  • to fellowship with friends
  • to jump in the car and drive 8 hours just to make a friend feel special
  • when people consider me worthy to visit
  • to read a good book
  • to have girls nights
  • to organise
  • to cook
  • to paint
  • to sing
  • to give gifts/ to receive gifts
What I don't love:
  • selfish inward thinking people who cannot put effort into another
  • to have to think about money
  • gossip
  • attention on me
  • seeing parents neglect their children and take them for granted ( for example: not putting shoes on their little feet and expecting them to walk on paths)
Life is beautiful and we have many things to be thankful for.. Psalm 100 tells us to shout for joy to the Lord.. Worship Him with gladness and come before Him with thankful songs....
So here I am writing a blog to shout for joy for what He has done for me!

My family...
The day of my eldest daughters Formal ( with a not so happy 7yo!)

Thanks for dropping in! There is life in the word of the Lord - chew on it for a while... share it with others & from it you will grow.
I am encouraged simply by you taking the time to read a little about me :)
Rebecca




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouragement......