Followers

Wednesday 20 February 2013

The List

I am a lists person, are you?
I have different lists for different purposes.
The 'today' list; 'this weeks' list; 'this month' list; a future list of goals, one for the year and one for the next ten years.

Some are in my head and some are on paper. I have a 'To Do' list for my boss and a 'To Do' list for my husband. My children's lists are in the diary and from this I can then run my day.

So how can I hear the voice of God guiding me, sifting through all there was on my agenda of things to do, and still find rest enough to replenish my strength in Him? As much as I thought about it, I couldn't seem to "unbusy" and 'declutter' my life.

I have realised my list is a fraudulent list! I have written it, seen that it fits into my plans for life and I have stamped it with God's approval!

If you, too, live by lists.. just ask yourself - do you feel busy even when you sit down to do nothing?
This was the turning point for me. When I had no work to do, I couldn't think of anything I wanted to do ( I still to this day can't). There were plenty of things I wanted to attend, but felt too busy to go, even though I spent most of my day not doing too much at all.
Now that I have realised this, I am free to have my plans, but if they do not get done then tomorrow is another day and it can take care of itself...today I will listen to His still small voice telling me what to do.
Today you can live by His still small voice.
The difference is 'TRUST'.
Trust in His promises for you -
He will provide all of your needs according to HIS riches in Glory; Phil 4:19.

Jeremiah 29:11 is very popular and understandably so. It is a reminder that God has it all in His hands. It is very easy to rattle off cushy scripture, but quite often we forget verse 13... "If you look for me whole heartedly, you WILL find me!" He then goes on to say "I WILL be found by you"...

WOW! In our busy life, we neglect the key points to finding God.
"If you look for me wholeheartedly"...
This is a decision of our will, we do not go looking for something without deciding to do so. And to do so wholeheartedly would be to remove all other distractions and make the time to do so passionately.

So making time to read His word and pray will help us to find Him. When we find Him we will accept his plan for our lives. When we accept His plan for our lives we will understand that in making our lists for life, only the will of God is what is important and at the end of the day, we can find our peace in His guidance.

That's been my weeks lesson.. I hope to build you up and encourage you to look at yourself and consider the decisions you have to make as well..
In the Father's hands you WILL find rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouragement......