Followers

Thursday 16 May 2013

What's Milo got to do with God?

As we were sitting around the table discussing the Word, we came to 1 John 5:14-15.

We were told to make some notes on God's gifts.
We threw around some of our individual 'understandings' of what it meant, when suddenly a picture of a Milo tin formed in my mind followed by a whole message! I found myself sitting there smiling, thinking "Really Father? Milo? You really want me to share that?"..

So I proceeded to share the message I had received...

It was not about taking time to rest in God's peace whilst enjoying a warm cup of Milo; nor was it about the nutrients found in one sip as in one sip of the river that flows from His throne.... we can see parables  in almost anything.. but this just popped into my head out of the blue during a deep theological discussion.
Verse 15 'And since we know that He invariably gives his attention to our prayers, whatever they are, we can be quite sure that what we have asked for is already ours.'

It's like Milo.
As a parent I buy Milo when I am shopping, because I want to give it to my children as a treat.
I think ahead, I go down the isle and deliberately purchase it. I take it home and place it in my pantry for the perfect time to bless my children.
When my children came and ask me for Milo, I consider the time, the circumstances, the fairness between siblings, the child and whether or not it is right for them right now. Before they even ask, the Milo was set aside for them.

This taught me that it was always God's intention to bless me. He is ready and willing. In our relationship He wants to bless me (it took me a long time to not feel selfish/greedy saying this). He planned it and set about to make it happen.

I need to ask Him as he hears every request that is made in accord with His plan. I can have confidence that the blessings are there ready and waiting.

Though I ask in confidence, I still need to 'wait' for the answer, as my Father considers what is best for me. Waiting...is a completely different message!

I loved this analogy! It helped me to understand that He set aside blessings in advance for me. Perhaps this message was a word just for me, but I do believe that when we share the word we receive, it can then be clarified for us and/or a blessing to others.

Thanks for reading my blog and persevering with me while I navigate the path that is my life's journey. I hope that my lessons are in some way, a blessing to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouragement......