Followers

Thursday 2 May 2013

How best to spend my life??

Again and again I am confronted with the question of "is this the best use of my time on Earth.."
Last week I heard a saying - "Time is our coin - spend it wisely"
WOW! I had this picture in my mind of every time I said 'yes' to something, I handed over coins from my 'life purse'... If I knew how many coins I had left then would this be a good investment? After all, I am after gold, silver and bronze from my life.. not wood, hay and stubble!

It forced me to have a look at the things I am doing now and ask the Lord if it fits with His plan for me. Are you finding you are too busy as well?

There are so many 'SHOULD's' out there.. they come thick and fast from well meaning people, especially the people who love me the most and want me to succeed in all that I do.

Do you get:
'You should do this', 'you should do that', 'you should be'...
Why??? Is what I am doing right now not enough?
      And not enough for whom - you or me????
The world says to succeed, but God says you are a success if you love me.
The world says to take, but God says to give.
The world says you should be, but God says 'I made you what you already are'.
The world says do this, but God says 'I have a path for you that will prosper you and not harm you'.

Listen to what others are saying, but never make decisions before consulting your Father in Heaven, He knows what is best for you. Before you answer those requests put on you, thank them and tell them you will think/pray about it and check your calendar. If you are a married woman (as I am) then you need to ask your husband his direction for you and your family to see if this fits, he is accountable for you. Basically, don't make decisions straight away. Allow yourself time to not get carried away but to make well thought out decisions so you don't waste the precious little time you have.

By doing this you should be able to eliminate the stress that makes you irritable with your kids and too tired for your partner, we all know that it is the ones that are the closest to us that suffer from our decisions.

Psalm 32:8 'I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you'.

Isaiah 48:17 'This is what the Lord says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Today, take time (and I don't mean make time), I really do mean to take time back! Set it aside to nourish your relationship with your Saviour. It is not as hard as it seems.. No more -  "I will after I finish this...';  Romans 12:2 - Be transformed by the renewing of your mind!
Change your thinking process - God first.. worldly things second.. after all, the washing will still be there in half an hour.
Tune your ear in to the Holy Spirit and have your soul refreshed by His soothing voice.

May the Lord bless you today as you seek Him first in your life.

To search - has a beginning and an end.. have you even begun????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouragement......