Followers

Friday 14 June 2013

Born With A Fatal Wound

As I placed my head on my pillow last night at 11:53pm.. this is what popped into my mind! I am learning to be ready with pen and paper to capture the things I want to remember.

I was born with a fatal wound and am now on the road to recovery.
Though it is inevitable I will die as a result of this wound, it is also plausible that I will 
live due to the nature of the recovery.
The wound is sin, in which I had no say or control over the contagion on my soul. 
It will inevitably kill me.
But the recovery is in the union I have with the Creator, and in the provision He made for cure.
It too, will only be made complete in the surety of my Earthly death. 
The only condition is that I accept it.
This, however, IS within my control.

If we are not tempted beyond that which is common for man (1 Co 10:13); then it is fair to say that the things we do on an everyday basis has the potential to be sin and us not know it.

I am not sure what the answer is in this except to pray and ask the Lord to open our eyes and reveal to us our own distance from His purity & Holiness. It may mean we look at the simple things we do each day and question if they fit with His original blue print for our path. 
Some examples of this would be watching TV and what we are viewing...Or what words we are saying when we sing songs. Perhaps how much food we eat or how we relate to the people whose paths we cross. 

When you have finished reading this small blog of mine - don't be like the man in James 1:23.
Chew on it a while.. and have your cup filled by His word. Bec

Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 

Perhaps the answer is in our actions....

25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

2 comments:

  1. Keeping that tablet handy... including at the bedside... is a priceless habit. God bless you in your writing and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rob, I appreciate you dropping by! I love reading your blog 'Mere Inklings'... As you look up at them, so we look up at you... The Greats and the Little Greats - 1 Co 1:26-31 J B Phillips

      Delete

Thanks for your encouragement......