Followers

Friday 14 June 2013

Will There Be Shadows In Heaven?

Driving along, stuck behind a slow car... My mind was blank as is quite often the case when I drive into town numerous times through the day, . I noticed the shadow on a guide post and asked 'why are all shadows black?"

Wow where did that come from... Why ARE all shadows black? I understand dark and light, and when the sun shines it casts a shadow, but why not colourful shadows based on the object being shone upon.

Have you ever seen a dog discover his own shadow? It is very funny to watch, they try to attack it!
Children are scared of their own shadows, and petrified of others.
Teenagers play with their shadows.
Adults never think about them again.

I wonder....

Could shadows be the oppression of the enemy in the world? In that we are all tainted by it in one way or another..and the shadow just gets darker the more the light shines on it. Perhaps when we stand directly in the light of God, there will be no shadow?  Could shadows be sin as in Peter Pan - where it is attached to us....and alive...perhaps like the sin we were born into?
My creative mind just kept going!!!

I don't really have any answers here.. it was just food for thought that I am still pondering. I just thought I would share it with you out of curiosity!

Ps 36:7 - Even God has a shadow - but in His we can hide.....

(Revelation 21:21b 'The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass...' The walls and roads of heaven will be clear, transparent.. see through - perhaps to not hinder the Glory of the Lord shining onto everything? 
Anywaaaays...

Hope you are feeling full to overflowing. Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouragement......