Followers

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Don't Walk - Run!

I just finished doing a Bible study - Becoming A Woman Of Simplicity by author Cynthia Heald.

I have the next study right here beside me (Becoming a Woman Of Purpose); turning the first page to the Preface I start underlining all the things that stand out... most of the first page! 

WOW! 
I have been in a drought for the last two years. Our previous Pastor was so gifted at bringing the Word that I had something to chew on for a whole week. Then the change, and I discovered how empty my cup was without someone else's leading. 
Have you been there - your cup is not being refilled after giving all week?
BIG MISTAKE to rely on another to feed us spiritually. 

I have learnt so much, I hope my lessons can encourage you.

There is a season for everything.. I had a season of not being involved at Church. I went from extremely busy (Sunday School, Youth Group, Music team, Co-ordinator of certain events) to not being involved at all. I did not withdraw from my lovely friends, just from offering.
This season left me dry, I felt guilty, I felt like I had nothing to offer anymore. At first it felt like a break, then I began to ask the Lord for understanding and guidance.

We are to 'run the race set out before us'......Hebrews 12:1
1. To 'run' is to take action.
2. The 'race marked out for us'.

1. After two years, I took action - lead by the Holy Spirit of course - God obviously heard my prayers and decided my heart was fertile & ready to grow. Sitting at the computer and perusing the Koorong catalogue, I skimmed past the Cynthia Heald Study on Simplicity and that was it - it stood out, I had done most of her studies before but had never seen this one. I ordered it and it changed my life. 
I seem to go through waves of busyness and then take a break, I would have said that it was 'seasons' in my life, however, now I understand that I basically take on too much and make the decision to do it myself - I stamp it with God's approval and end up getting burned out due to reliance on my own strength. Then I withdraw for a period.

Answer: To have a simple and pure devotion to Christ, making it my ambition to lead a quite life and only ask the Lord for His direction and will. 
(2 Co 11:3; 1 Thess 4:11)

2. To run the race marked out for us - If you do not know the race track you will get lost - it's that simple.
The first Bible study has bought me back to searching the Word for myself based on my relationship with Christ Jesus and not dependant upon a Pastor. It has cleared the way for me to draw nearer to the Lord on a daily basis, and it has been exciting to get to know Him deeper by simplifying my days. 
Now, however, I am ready to know the race track - to learn of the proper path for me - this will be different for all of us of course, but knowing the path He set out for us has to make the race a little bit easier to run wouldn't you agree?
Becoming A Woman Of Purpose covers topics like God's Purpose, Our Purpose & My Purpose.
I am so looking forward to it.

Be encouraged that you have a path that has been set out for you by your Creator, who loves you and wished only the best for you. It is not an easy path to walk, there will be suffering along the way but there will also be blessings and victories. This is a path well worth walking but we will need the Lord's strength, and we will have to make sure we do not clutter our lives with so much 'stuff' that we cannot see clearly.

Through Prayer you too can simplify - Jeremiah 6:16..

 “Stand at the crossroads and look;
    ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
    and you will find rest for your souls. 

Be encouraged! Bec

1 comment:

  1. A lovely post, full of wisdom and much food for thought. Thank you for the reminder that our lives are lived best when simply devoted to Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your encouragement......