Followers

Thursday 24 October 2013

Why Am I Not Like That Other Person!...

Don't we just wish we could be like 'her'..

"Everything goes right for her.. after all I bet she never feels this way.."

Oh how wrong we are.
'She' is not exempt from that which is common to man (1 Co 10:13), and as a result she has all the same feelings as us - hurt, regret, guilt, occasional depression, anger, frustration with herself etc..

The truth is.. we need to get our heads right! Rom 12:2 'be transformed by the renewing of your mind...then you can test and approve what God's will is, His good and pleasing will..'
His good (good for you) and pleasing (will please you) plan for your life! But first you must be transformed in your mind.

Every time I sit to write a blog, I endeavour to keep it short but end up getting excited by what the Lord is revealing to me, and then it can drag on... for this I apologise. (I hope you still get something out of all my raving! lol)

Have a look at Philippians 3:13 - Paul says that he has not reached perfection yet but he presses on towards the goal.

Perhaps the reason we compare ourselves to others and wish we were different is because we don't see ourselves the way God sees us or the way God made us. Perhaps we have been told too many lies in our lives - born out of other peoples anger or frustration..criticisms. Paul is basically saying that he is good but he is not perfect. He is acknowledging that he can do some things, and that he is good at some things but he hasn't reached perfection yet, though he presses on.
Do you have a right estimate of yourself?
(J.B Philips - Romans 12:3-5 As your spiritual teacher I give this piece of advice to each one of you. Don’t cherish exaggerated ideas of yourself or your importance, but try to have a sane estimate of your capabilities by the light of the faith that God has given to you all.)

If you are good at something, I want you to tell yourself right now what it is. This is not pride, this is having a right estimate of yourself and the beginnings of being renewed by the transforming of your mind (free from the chains of opinion about yourself).
Seriously - stop now and state what you are good at.


When someone gives you a compliment, do you minimise what you have done, or do you accept the compliment? It is an important part of accepting who you have been MADE to be. From here you can start to understand that you have a RIGHT place and purpose just the way you are.... in the measure of faith that you have.... for this particular part of your journey. (1 Co 15:10 - I am what I am - by the grace of God).
Just as I wrote in my previous blog, as a member of the body - you have a joint, an ability and a function.. you also have limits, however when you do what you were created to do you will work perfectly through pressing on. 
Stop comparing yourself with your head and start accepting yourself with your heart. It is the truth that will set you free.

I am learning to accept who I am.. I am now 40. If God has not seen fit to make me a different person by now then I should start accepting that I may be this way my whole life and if that is the case, then perhaps I am exactly the way the Lord made me, so I had better stop focusing on that 'other person' that I would rather be like.

For now I will stop, but I really hope I have been able to help you accept the beauty created within you as you are in the image of your Father..

May your cup be full to overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouragement......