Followers

Sunday 6 October 2013

Fragility of life and our beliefs.


You only have one chance to choose Heaven - albeit if you are blessed enough to wake up tomorrow you will get another chance...

2Peter 3:9 "The Lord isn't really being slow about His promise (to return), as some people think. No, He is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

Rather than try to convince you that you need to be believe, I would like to just ask you to consider for a moment what you think about Jesus?
Do you know for sure that you are going to Heaven? You don't control whether it is real or not, you only get to choose if you are going there or not....

Children are trained to think a certain way depending on their parents. If the parent believes in Allah then the children are bought up that way. If the parents belief in the Easter bunny then the kids are bought up believing that too. What did your parents teach you?????
As we get older we have to start sorting out for ourselves what we believe, as the inevitable human nature is an impending force on all of us - death.

You have thought about it surely, perhaps you have been touched by it first hand. Death is not a nice part of our existence, and usually we don't think about our own death until we are confronted by someone elses. It tears at our hearts, causes us to be angry with 'a higher being' and forces us to see how fragile life is.

I am not a great scholar and I have only had a few people in my life pass, but I have come to terms with the fragility of life - here today, gone tomorrow. At 16 I was introduced to the concept that God existed and Jesus Christ was real. I had never heard about it before except through Sunday School which I didn't  pay attention to. My parents like most had a simple belief in God that was tainted by Churches and Catholic hypocrites. 'Jesus Christ' was a swear word only said in moments of anger or amazement. 
I met some of the nicest people I had ever met through some youth events, they shared the Bible with me and the history of Jesus. It took a further two years before I even understood, but then I started reading the New Testament myself and found a Christian Church. I made a decision to believe in Jesus Christ as my own personal Saviour. It really was not hard once I understood and it was the best decision I have ever made! It was like a fog lifted from my mind and my heart, It is now 20 years later and I still walk daily with Jesus.

Be encouraged - confront what is the norm in your life - don't settle for what everyone has told you about God. Pick up a Bible and do some of your own research. Start in the Book of John. John was a very close friend of Jesus, one of the disciples and an eye witness testimony to the happenings. We still have some of the original parchment from John. 
If I wrote my own eye witness testimony to an event and everyone said it was a lie, would you believe it, or would you believe the people calling it a lie?
We may all choose our own path in life, but birth and death are out of our control. There is a Heaven and Hell and that choice is yours - Choose Jesus...It is easy...
1 John 1:9 'If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness'.
This does not take away our consequences, but before the throne of God we can have no accusers. Jesus took our punishment for our wrong doings that prevent us from entering Heaven.

I pray your cup overflows with joy....and truth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your encouragement......